Please email MissValleyDistrictPageant@hotmail.com for more details, pageant applications, or a copy of the Queen's contract. You can print this page or copy and paste to Word.
2021 Valley District Pageant
Time varies by division
Applications now available
General Rules ALL CONTESTANTS:
*Open to any naturally born female WV resident.
*Must be unmarried and no children EXCEPT FOR MS & OLDER DIVISION (SEE EACH DIVISION FOR SPECIFIC DETAILS).
*Natural beauty pageant.
*Photogenic Award is an additional special award not to be placed in the overall score, also with volunteer hours/award.
*CURRENT TITLEHOLDERS ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN CONSECUTIVE YEARS IF THEY AGE INTO ANOTHER DIVISION.
*ANY ACTIONS deemed inappropriate before, during, or following the pageant (for younger contestants this includes parents/guardians) can lead to disqualification or deduction of points. NO BULLYING or HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND WILL BE TOLERATED!!! This is not limited to personal appearance or social media.
*ALL titleholders will have a Queen's contract that is to be signed prior to leaving the facility day of your crowning.
*Miss Valley District Division Winner ONLY will represent RVFD/Valley District Fair at the WV Association of Fairs and Festivals Pageant in January 2021! There is a copy of the Queen’s contract LISTED BELOW Contract is to be signed prior to leaving the facility day of your crowning.
*Winners are expected to participate in at least 4 Reedsville VFD events NOT LIMITED TO MANDATORY EVENTS and 1 appearance per month throughout their title-holding year. Parades/appearances are not considered RVFD events, they are appearances. MANDATORY EVENTS: Valley District Fair & Buckwheat Cakes fundraiser.
*All Queen’s Platform is to promote the importance of fire safety awareness and the importance of supporting your local VFD. You may also represent your own as long as it is appropriate.
*Only the Miss Valley District Queen is eligible for representation at WV Association of Fairs and Festivals; however, if you would like to use your title to compete in another pageant requiring a title, you are required to contact Leticia Lambert prior to doing so 304-698-4461. You will be responsible for any and all fees associated with competing for a higher title. A Queen’s contract will also be drafted for your representation of the Reedsville VFD and Valley District Fair. If you win a higher title by competing with your Valley District Queen title and are unable to fulfill the duties of your MVD Queen title, you will be asked to crown your successor (1st runner-up). In an event the 1st runner-up is ineligible it will move further down the line or appropriate age division. If no contestant is eligible or available one will be appointed to fill the position by the MVD board.
Additional Rules for Ms., Mrs, Elite, & Classic Divisions:
*Ms. Division must be ages 16-35, unmarried, with or without children.
*Mrs. Division must be ages 16-35, married, with or without children.
*Elite or Classic division open to any woman in those age divisions with not restrictions of marriage/children/etc.
Miss Valley District Queen (All other Queens will have a similar contract)
The following is a list of the Pageant rules that you agree to abide by as Titlist of Miss Valley District Fair Queen:
1. QUEEN Contestant must be sixteen (16) years of age by August 2020 by the annual fair and must not have reached her 22nd birthday at the time of the West Virginia Association of Fairs and Festivals Pageant (held in January).
2. The Queen must be a naturally born female remaining single (unmarried, divorced, or annulled) and without pregnancy or birth of child prior to and throughout her reign, which continues until the crowning of a new fair Titleholder the following year. If for any reason Miss Valley District should marry or become pregnant during her reign, she forfeits her title and the 1st Runner-Up will succeed, and so on down the line. If for any reason the runners-up are unavailable to fill the Miss Valley position the title will be offered to either the Ms.or Junior Miss Valley District holder dependent on if able to meet the requirements of Miss Valley District with rules and age requirements. If neither are eligible, the MVD board will continue throughout the divisions based on the highest score from the Miss Valley District pageant and eligibility for WVAFF. If no other contestant is eligible, one will be appointed to the position.
3. The contestant must be a resident of West Virginia for at least two (2) months prior to the pageant.
4. The Titleholder must be a resident of West Virginia throughout her reign.
5. Contestants will be judged on poise, natural beauty, character, interview/onstage presentation, promo (less than 30 seconds), and the ability to be an ambassador for Reedsville VFD and our fundraising event The Valley District Fair, with a platform of promoting fire safety and prevention.
6. All contestants and a parent/guardian (if the contestant is under 18 years of age) must sign and return this contract. By signing this contract you agree to indemnify the Reedsville VFD and the Valley District Fair for any perceived damages resulting from your entry into this pageant, your participation in this pageant, and, if selected as the Titleholder, your year carrying the title as Miss Valley District Fair Queen. You agree to abide by all of the rules set forth in this document.
7. Complete and final authority for the Miss Valley District Pageant rests with the Director, Coordinator, and Reedsville VFD.
8. Once Miss Valley District Fair Queen is chosen and she must participate in all activities of the fair as deemed necessary by the Fair Board or Pageant Director. Part of the responsibility of the Fair Queen is to have an active part in fair week activities and the crowning of her successor the following year. An itinerary will be provided with expectations for Fair Week. Following the Valley District Fair, events held by the Reedsville VFD will be sent to all winners of the Miss Valley District Fair pageant with a request of attendance as possible to promote the future of the pageant and demonstrate the appropriate representation of the Reedsville VFD.
9. Attending any other parades, festivals, and pageants are options of the Queen. Should the Queen wish to participate in any of these events, she will be responsible for all arrangements involved with doing so. However, coordinating with your pageant director is encouraged to assist in fundraising or representation if needed.
10. The MISS VALLEY DISTRICT QUEEN will be required to participate in the State Competition at the West Virginia Association of Fairs and Festivals Convention held in January at Charleston, WV. Expenses of the pageant application, including room for lodging at the Marriott Hotel, is paid for you by the Reedsville VFD. Room rules set forth by Charleston Marriott must be abided by. Extra costs such as dresses/outfits/accessories, meals, etc. will not be provided by the Reedsville VFD. The Pageant Director will be rooming with contestant unless they choose otherwise, then and only then will a representative will be chosen as your chaperone.
*If you have family or friends that plan to attend throughout the convention, they will be responsible for conventions fees/tickets, lodging, etc. If you would like assistance for fundraising please contact your Director. Convention fees will include Thursday to Saturday events. There is an option of just attending the pageant Saturday night. Please ask your director for differences and details.
11. The Reedsville VFD and Valley District Fair Board will not be liable for expenses for dress, accessories, pageant attire, coaching, etc. I, Miss Valley District Fair Queen, agree not to incur any debts on behalf of the Reedsville VFD or Valley District Fair. (If you would like to perform fundraisers to assist with any of these fees, please contact your pageant Director).
12. Male companions are not permitted to be in your room for any reason.
13. The Reedsville VFD or Valley District Fair board will not be responsible for damages incurred due to smoking in room/etc or by inappropriate behavior demonstrated by the Miss Valley District or guests thereof. Miss Valley district representative will be liable for covering any of these expenses.
14. Miss Valley District may enter other pageants throughout the State that will not conflict with competition in the 2021 W.V. Association of Fairs and Festivals Pageant. If Miss Valley District does so, she will forfeit her title and pay any costs associated with her application to the WV Association of Fairs and Festivals pageant. It is advised that the Queen should consult the pageant director before entering another pageant. I understand that I can compete in other pageants once I complete my reign as the Miss Valley District Fair Queen and compete in the Miss WV Association of Fairs & Festivals Pageant. If another pageant is held following the Miss WV Association of Fairs & Festival Pageant and will not conflict with my representation of Miss Valley District, this pageant may be presented to the Director for approval. I agree not to endorse, as the Miss Valley District Fair Queen, any products, companies, or organization without written permission of the Pageant Committee.
15. Contestants/Queen shall not have a criminal background record, be in process of prosecution, commit any criminal activity reflecting as behavior unbecoming as a representation of your title, or be convicted of any crime.
16. Miss Valley District should maintain a reputation of good moral character; failure to do so may result in the forfeit of her title and in such case, the 1st Runner-Up will succeed. Any complaints of questionable character would be brought up before the Valley District Fair Board meeting and voting on the decision of said poor conduct. This clause also applies to any/all social media accounts associated with the chosen titleholder as well as her in-person communications with the public. I (Miss Valley District) will not make statements containing inappropriate or profane language. In addition, I agree not to post pictures or videos of myself dressed inappropriately, drinking alcoholic beverages, usage of elicited/illegal drugs, or making inappropriate gestures. This is just examples of a few actions that may be deemed inappropriate. Being said, you must add at least your pageant Director to all of your social media pages/sites.
17. Once you have been Miss Valley District Fair Queen you may not compete for the same title following your title-holding, unless specified on application process due to alteration of eligible category or in the event of emergency replacement of a current Miss Valley District Fair Queen unable to hold her title following voting of emergency action by the Reedsville VFD membership and Valley District Fair Board. You are eligible to compete in another division.
18. If Miss Valley District Fair Queen does not participate in the WV Association of Fairs and Festivals pageant for any reason and without due cause and a Runner-up cannot be found to replace her in a timely manner to have representation altered, Miss Valley District Fair Queen will result in the return of any costs accrued by the Reedsville VFD or Valley District Fair. This will be returned in full within 30 days of violation notification and termination of title, this will include WVAFF registration fees and annual dues. Lack of participation can be brought to the Valley District Fair Board and Reedsville VFD members for voting.
19. I, as Miss Valley District Fair Queen, agree to hold harmless the Reedsville VFD, Valley District Fair, and any of its representatives in case of an accident. Myself, parent(s), or guardian(s) will provide any and all medical expenses incurred by myself as Titlist.
20. Any violation found of the above rules resulting in the termination of the Miss Valley District Fair Queen title will result in the return of any costs accrued by the Reedsville VFD or Valley District Fair to be returned in full within 30 days of violation notification and termination of title.
With my signature, I certify I have read this agreement and understand it. I further understand that in the event I do not fulfill ANY of the above agreements unless extenuating circumstances prevail with presentation required and voted upon by the Reedsville VFD and Valley District Fair Board, the Association shall have the right to terminate this agreement and select a successor at its discretion. The Reedsville VFD and Valley District Fair Board shall define extenuating circumstances with presentation required and voted upon by the Reedsville VFD and Valley District Fair Board. All voting results are final, no exceptions.
Queen’s Signature___________________________ Date: _______________
Parent Signature (if under 18) ____________________________ Date: _______________
Director Signature____________________________ Date: ______________
We have created a Go Fund Me account to assist with purchase of dress uniforms. Please copy and paste the link provided if you are unable to click. http://www.gofundme.com/pilyso
Due to Covid 19, Hall rental has been suspended for 2020
Anyone that may have information, photos or anything they would like us to add to our website. Please use our contact us page. You may also phone the fire hall at 304-864-6741 and leave a meesage and someone will get back with you.
Do you live in Reedsville's service area?
Local Vietnam era veterns group that helps the RVFD out with alot of fundraisers.